Categories and Featured Stores on 6/27/2009 10:08:00 PM
Be the Happy Emo - wikiHow - I wrote this one!!!<3
from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Article By: Inuoko (inuoko.blogspot.com)
There are many subcultures out there, and many more sub-subcultures under them. For example, there's Goth. You can be goth, or "gothic lolita" or "industrial goth". The same goes for emo. If you're emo and you like googling emo stuff, you maybe came across different emo sub-subcultures like "scene".
The "Happy Emo", while named by myself, hasnt been started by me. There are quite a few of us out there. We're the kind of emo that often looks happy, but has a dark side.
This isnt pursay an article on how to be Happy Emo, but more-so how to identify it. Maybe you're Happy Emo youself ;D..
- Attitude: The most important thing about being emo itself is your attitude/lifestyle. Happy Emo's, on the inside, feel like any ordinary emo SOMETIMES. We're happy every once in a while too. Having a happy attitude can overall make you happy, and unless you're an emo poser you have no problem with this. Real emos arent sad on purpose. Be overly sensitive, but cute. Us female Happy Emo's might even carry a certain.."dark charm". Cute, but a dark aura. Guys tend to have a nice personality, yet again, a "dark charm" to them. If you're into anime, think of a cute anime girl decked out in emo clothes, all smiles, cute as a button. Google Death Note: Misa. She's goth, but will give you a bit of an understanding. Happy Emos go home and does one of the various emo stereotypes of cutting, suicidal thoughts, or writes dark poetry. Take your pick. This is the happy emo. We're independent thinkers, and tend to like to get our own way. Cute, picky, fussy, emotional over anything we want to fuss over. This is where some of that charm comes in. ;D Dont be afraid to admit your emo. Happy Emos are proud emos. Stop letting people mistaken you for goth if you're not. You're emo, with a great, unique personality! Myself? Im pretty hyper for your average emo, but normal for Happy Emo.
- Dress: While the way you dress isnt the most important thing, it plays a bit of a role. For the most part, if you like dressing emo, dress emo. Feel free to throw in a bit of the Scene style though. I dont mean the hairstyles, but the way of dressing. Cute, but a dark edge to it. Ladies, frilly BLACK miniskirts and dark tees are your friend. Mix and match cheap bangles/bracelets and spikes. I enjoy a favorite tee, black mini and leggings, plus a hot pink spiky choker for color. Ladies, color, in small doses, goes nicely with emo, without making you look scene/too happy. Guys, dress like any other emo, but you might consider loosing the facial makeup. I love it, but you'll look happier. Girls can pull off looking happy covered in makeup a little easier. Personally, I go easy on the makeup for a more happier look. No eye liner, but a lot of eye shadow above the eye. Cute, but dramatic - a bit out of the ordinary.
- What do Happy Emo's do?: We're like your average stereotypical emo- we MIGHT cut, MIGHT be suicidal, and MIGHT write dark poetry. (In no way do I promote cutting or being suicidal!) If you're already emo (hopefully), you have your emo habits already. If you're Happy Emo, you might also like non-emo hating jokes. If someones acting really emotional over nothing, you might tease them a little and call them emo.(Friends only) You do NOT joke about beating up emos or stuff like that. Romance novels also might be your friend, but only dark onces! Twilight (vampires), Vampires Kisses (vampires + goth girl), and other novels might grab your attention. Of course, if you're emo, Im sure you like emo music. Feel free to venture out a little into techno. Why? You're Happy. Techno is upbeat dance music! Let loose, Happy Emo! (or at least just in the privacy of your own room)
- Girls: Be energetic and cute/Boys: Be mellow but carefree.
- Wear more black than anything, then throw in a dash of color
- Keep in touch with your feelings and views on life. Be yourself at all times, and do/say/dress whatever way that will make you feel more like you.
- You can be emotional without being a crybaby. Tears are fine, but come on..
- Vampire catgirls rule. Why? Dark romantic vampires and their lovebites plus cute cats ears, tail, and meowing...XD<3
- In no way do I suggest you should be suicidal/cut yourself. They're bad, but some emos do it.
Things You'll Need
- An imagination
- A free carefree spirit
- A carefree attitude
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Be the Happy Emo. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.